The holidays are one of the most wonderful times of the year. But along with the family gatherings and work celebrations comes holiday stress. Did you know 53 percent of Americans reported personal health problems as a source of stress? This holiday season, don’t let holiday stress get the best of you. Here are 3 ways to get holiday stress relief in Phoenix this season.
Holiday Stress? Here’s 3 Ways To Avoid It
- Acupuncture for stress relief. Acupuncture isn’t just for pain management. This natural remedy can be used to relieve stress, anxiety and even post-holiday blues. Quick and pain free, acupuncture works through neurohormonal pathways by placing a needle through specific points in the body, which stimulates the nerve. Other benefits include:
- Enhanced relaxation and improved sleep quality.
- Reduction in seasonal allergies.
- Lower stress levels and blood pressure.
- And many more!
- Herbs for digestion. As the old saying goes: you are what you eat. The holidays are a time for good company and good food (you may allow a few more cheat days than usual). Herbs are a great way to get your digestive system back on track. Ginger, for example, is great for an upset stomach, while peppermint is great to use for indigestion and diarrhea.
- Treat yourself to a massage. Perhaps a massage is the ultimate symbol of stress relief – and of course not just during the holidays. But did you know stress is considered a risk factor for many chronic diseases, which can cause you to feel physical symptoms of holiday stress? There are many benefits to having a massage to relieve holiday stress.
- Massage helps you shift your thoughts away from everyday worries, and it allows your body and mind to relax.
- Massages help relieve muscle tension.
- Massage may help restore normal circulation, improve immune system activity and play a role in restoring normal digestive system function.
Stress Relief in Phoenix
At Pure Health and Wellness, we have a variety of treatment options to help you relieve holiday stress this season. From massage therapy to acupuncture, our talented staff is here to help! To learn more about holiday stress relief in Phoenix, give Pure Health and Wellness a call at 623-243-4097 or book an appointment. Don’t forget to check our monthly specials for stress relief options, and save shopping stress by purchasing a Pure Health gift card!