If you’ve served in the military – thank you! Your service to our country has likely made you eligible for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits. Navigating the Arizona VA system for health care services can seem tricky, but there are some easy steps to make it go as smoothly as possible. And best of all, you can use your Arizona VA benefits for Pure Health and Wellness Center services!
Here’s brief step-by-step rundown on getting and using your Arizona VA benefits
- Apply for enrollment in VA Health Benefits, if you haven’t already done so. You can apply online, by telephone, via the mail, or in person at the VA health care facility. Once your application has been approved, you should receive a personal phone call to welcome you and answer any immediate questions. You’ll also receive your Veterans Health Benefits Handbook. If your application for enrollment is denied, you can appeal the decision. Your letter from the VA should explain this process.
- Make an appointment with VA doctor or provider. The easiest way to do this is answering yes when the application asks if you want an appointment, or request the appointment if you are enrolling on the phone or in person. You will be sent the appointment information via mail. If the medial issue is an emergency or becomes more urgent as you wait for your scheduled appointment, contact your Enrollment Coordinator, Urgent Care Clinic or the ER at the VA.
- Go to your VA health care appointment and get your Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC). This is essential in receiving any Arizona VA benefits! You’ll need to get your picture taken for this card, so you can request to do this at your appointment, if you enrolled in person or you can contact your Enrollment Coordinator to arrange for the card.
- Get a referral for the specific service you are interested in. While at your appointment, request a referral from the health care provider to see a specialist for chiropractic care, acupuncture or massage therapy. You may need to explain why you need or want this service, and if this service was recommended to you by another health care provider, especially one in the VA system. This is just like going to your primary care physician to get a referral for a specialist. Then tell the Fee for Service unit that you want to see Dr. Justin Ross for chiropractic care or massage therapy, or Leah Chischilly for acupuncture.
- Make your appointment with Dr. Justin Ross or Leah Chischilly at Pure Health and Wellness Center. Remember to bring your VHIC. We’ll see you, treat you, and take care of the paperwork to use your Arizona VA benefits!
Veteran Owned and Operated
Pure Health and Wellness Center is owned and operated by a Veteran, so helping our service men and women is extremely important to us. Dr. Justin Ross served as a combat medic in the U.S. Army before working as a nurse in a cancer ward, working with professional athletes, joining the medical team for Kona Ironman World Championships, and then directing the Pure Health clinic.
In addition to providing services under your Arizona VA benefits, we offer discounts to military, Veterans, police, firefighters and even spouses. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment!